Monday, March 1, 2010

2010 Oscar Predictions

It should be to no ones surprise that I am really looking forward to this years Academy Awards on March 7. According to most film critics the Oscars this year are going to be predictable with the exception of the Best Picture category (which will most likely go to either Avatar or The Hurt Locker). I feel like in the past few years the Academy Awards have not been very popular among adolescents, teenagers, and young adults, which is partially why I think Oscar has decided to make some changes this year. Instead of having only 5 best picture nominees, the Academy has increased the list to 10 in order to add more popular films to be considered (The Blind Side and District 9). So far I've seen 9 out of the 10 Oscar nominated films for best picture. Below I'm going to list my prediction for who will win each Oscar category and also who I personally would choose to win the Oscar.

BEST PICTURE:
Who Will Win- The Hurt Locker
My Pick- Up in the Air

BEST DIRECTOR:
Who Will Win- Kathryn Bigelow
My Pick- Kathryn Bigelow

BEST ACTOR:
Who Will Win- Jeff Bridges
My Pick- Jeremy Renner

BEST ACTRESS:
Who Will Win- Sandra Bullock
My Pick- Meryl Streep

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR:
Who Will Win- Christoph Waltz
My Pick- Christoph Waltz

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
Who Will Win- Monique
My Pick- Vera Farmiga

BEST ANIMATED FILM:
Who Will Win- Up
My Pick- Up


No comments:

Post a Comment